Apprentice Warehouse Person
A Brief Overview
Bury St Edmunds
The successful applicant will work as part of the stores team to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the warehouse. Provide on-site support for deliveries, branch Manager, Installation Centre Manager and Installers as well as maintaining
Health & Safety standards.
Vital to the smooth and efficient running of our Bury St Edmunds based warehouse, you will work alongside the Installation Centre Manager, assisting with deliveries and liaising with our Installation and Customer Service team to ensure that we can continue to provide a second to none service to our customers.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity where you will be encouraged to get involved and make a difference across a full and diverse range of responsibilities, including:
• Unloading deliveries to prepare contracts for collection by Installers
• Controlling store and stock items for issue to Installers and Service Engineers
• Sourcing specialist stock for specific contracts
• Raising purchase orders, producing proof of order/delivery docs and following up on queries
• Arranging collection and disposal of waste materials
• Ensuring a safe working environment with responsibility for keeping warehouse and yard clean and tidy at all times
• You will work alongside the Stores Team to support ICM
• Perform other duties and tasks, as required.
• IT and systems literacy
• Full driver’s license (desirable but not essential)
• Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
• Organised approach to workload
• Willingness to learn
• A strong attention to detail
• Good communication skills
This is an exciting opportunity and if you think you have what it takes to be our next Apprentice Warehouse Person please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of 'Protected Characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Get a callback:
Can't find what you're looking for?Register your CV